- Place squash halves face down on a baking tray and bake in 400F (200C) oven for 25 – 30 minutes. Or microwave for 5 – 7 minutes. Shells will ‘give’ to the touch when they are ready.
- Remove and turn over.
- While squash bake sauté bacon until almost crisp. Drain fat if needed.
- Add butter, shallots and sauté 5 – 10 minutes longer shallots start to brown.
- Remove from heat and add maple syrup. Keep warm until needed.
- When squash are ready divide mixture and fill each squash half
- Return to oven for 5 minutes, just until heated through.